Sunday, April 23, 2006

Need for speed!

Started from chennai at 1900hrs. As you know, the road leading to Bangalore is with full of patholes and diversions.... this was the case till reaching Sriperumpudur. We dont witness any lane markings in the road as well. Tough time to ride, and felt a bit for not riding in day-time.

At Saint-Gobain, its 2000 hrs.

All of a sudden, we were at Vellore at 2115 hrs. Yes the road was well and gave us a good riding. Good lane markings which helped motorists to some decent level, though we have to forgive lorry drivers for their ignorance. As we started little bit earlier, we didnt see a much of traffic in either side( Yes the traffic in the other side matters as we may not be able to ride comfortably with their high-beams switched on. Its sort of hell). We finished our dinner here in a road side hotel (did I say it a hotel). Oh god save me.... the food was very poor, but we were left without options by the time we felt not to skip the hunger, anymore.

Started at 2200hrs. 90km in 1hour. One of the pleasant stretch. I dont see any problem in riding at full throttle. My partner also didnt feel anything wrong.

Time went on. My eyes were drying (As it was a night ride, we were not able to put glass/wiser). When we are at 80kms away from Bangalore, my eyes dried to the maximum extend and I was not able to view the opposing lights. Here I had search for a leading vehicle. At the time, the opposing trak was full of vehicles but in our trak, I could see some loaded lorries. Pity! Lost hope! To save me it was a Maruti Gipsy(Police vehicle) coming my way and I followed. I was wondering what the hell is wrong with him. Literally he has not crossed 60kmph mark. Still I had to follow him till Bangalore.

By the lessons, on my return to Chennai, started at 1600 hrs, and rode comfortably till chennai.

Though there were some hard times, it was a pleasant trip, overall. It would have been even better if the whole trip was in day-time.

I was riding Royal Enfield Machismo, with my friend Raghu on pillion.

No comments: